Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Finished 1st Sock Club Socks

I know it's been a while since I've posted. I've been on 2 trips and came home and got REALLY busy at work. I work at Kohl's and we opened a new store the next town over. My old boss transferred to the new store and I volunteered to help train her new cash office associates. I've had some really LONG days i.e. 10+ hours, but I think they've all got the hang of it now. :)

On a knitting front I joined a local sock club at The Neighborhood Knit Store in Hendersonville, TN. The first pattern we got was Lola Walking Rib Socks from Schaefer Yarns. We of course used Schaefer Lola yarn to knit the socks. I had never knit socks with yarn that was this thick. I was a little afraid that the finished socks wouldn't fit in my shoes, but there is no problem. :)


I started the socks on 9/26/07 and finished up today 10/10/07. I used my new Harmony needles from KnitPicks. I also followed the Crazy Toe & Heel method for my socks and just used the walking rib as the stitch pattern. I knit them 2 at once, toe up, magic loop.

I really like the color changes in the yarn. I think I'll be knitting some more socks with Schaefer Lola, especially since they knit up so fast. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 10/10/2007 7:17 PM, Blogger Kecia said…

    Great Job! I love the color of the yarn.

    I'm learning to knit socks now on DPN's. Was it easy to learn to knit the magic loop method?

    Take Care,
    Kecia

     
  • At 10/10/2007 7:40 PM, Blogger Tracey Carsto said…

    I learned on the magic loop method, so I think it's easier. I've knit with dpns, and I think the first 5 or so rows are SOOOO much easier with the magic loop than dpns.

     
  • At 10/11/2007 2:04 PM, Blogger Katty_katwoman said…

    Tracey....so glad to hear from you. Was hoping all was well with you and the family since your trip to Canada and the falls. I have "on needles" a sock on DPNs and a sock on the magic loop. I am ready to start the gussets and am totally terrified....wish me well!

     
  • At 10/11/2009 3:48 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    I am just really getting into the knitty gritty of knitting. I learned how to do the basic knit and purl from my daughter about 4 years ago and now I am determined to knit everything I can imagine. I love your socks and hope that very soon I will have some very similar on my blog as well. Thanks for your inspiration!!
    soapincolorado.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12/16/2010 11:42 AM, Blogger katrina0112 said…

    Hi there dose any one have any freem loom knitting patterns
    Here is my home address
    Katrina Schneeberger
    200 Friendship Manor Apt 526
    Lansing, MI 48912
    Please write Katrina back.

    love, Katrina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal