Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Picture Update


Well, I said yesterday I'd give you pictures, and boy do I have pictures for you. :) Let's see, first up is the Koigu shawl. As I said yesterday I'm on row 30, and I think it turning out great. Here is it slightly stretched out on a pillow so you can see the design better. Now that I've re-charted it I'm finding it much easier to knit. :)






I also started a new project yesterday. I'm knitting a sock with dpns for the first time. I have to say that I'm enjoying the process. It seems like I've really mastered something. Of course DH Joe said when he saw the bamboo needles that I could have gotten a dozen of them for $1.00 at the store, they're called skewers he said. Of course I wouldn't have expected anything else from him. :) As I said yesterday I'm knitting them with Paca-Peds yarn. It's a blend of 20% Superfine Alpaca, 65% Superwash wool and 15% Nylon. It sure feels nice and is knititng up nicely. Has anyone else used this yarn? How does it wear? I really like the color, it's called "Singin' the Blues" #601 if you are interested. I love the way it knits up. I'm planning on knitting these is stockenette stitch. I figure it will be an easy take along project, especially for break time at work. :)

I also tried a new cast on method. I took pics to show you how Judy's Magic Cast On differs from the Queen Kahuna's Aloha Cast On.

This is the Aloha Cast On. See the ridge of purl bumps? It's an easy cast on, but I wanted to see if I could find one that didn't leave that tell-tale ridge.













I did find one, it's Judy's Magic Cast On, and it is easy also, but as you can see, it is a seamless cast on, and you don't have to use a piece of waste yarn, or go back and tighten anything up, it's just as you see it here. :)

I prefer Judy's Magic Cast On, and I plan on using that from now on.

On a health front, I've gotten all my test results and there will be no need for surgery. I do have new meds to take, and will be seeing a nutritionist in a few weeks. We'll just have to see how that goes. In the meantime, I'm planning on enjoying my weekend, and I'm looking forward to next week as Joe and I have a short work week as we've taken a long weekend to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. We aren't planning anything special except to stay cool and enjoy some time off together. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8/12/2007 4:33 PM, Blogger Little Old Liz said…

    Well look at you - workin' the DPN's mighty nice! And the shawl -- it's too die for!

     
  • At 8/12/2007 6:21 PM, Blogger Tracey Carsto said…

    Liz,

    Thanks. The shawl is coming along nicely now, I may even finish it before next year. :) I'm really enjoying the dpns. I guess I feel more connected to the ladies and men who HAD to knit when I use the dpns.

     
  • At 8/14/2007 6:21 PM, Blogger ElaineMomNC said…

    Hi Tracey, I met you on Isela's lists and finally learned how to needle knit! I found out about Queen Kahuna's book from you and bought it. I like it, got some Addi's (heavenly) but never could master the Aloha cast-on. I just used a thumb cast-on and it works ok for me! I do love making two socks at a time. I like the Crazy Toe and Heel method because I love the toe up idea. I loved my looms but needles are so much faster!

    Elaine Payne
    Bessemer City, NC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal