Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Updated Koigu Shawl


Well, the Koigu shawl is at a stand still. This is the first shawl I've knit with a chart, and obviously I'm not reading the chart correctly. I've knit 5 rows so far, (see picture at right), but need to rip it back. The only rows that came out right were the knit and purl rows at the beginning. Once I started on the chart nothing came out right. The chart says there is a 9 stitch repeat, but there is a 10th row on the chart. Now, if you divide 401 stitches by 9, you get 44.56. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't know how to knit a .56 stitch. The only thing that makes sense to me is to knit the 10 row repeat for 200 stitches, repeat the 1st stitch on the center stitch, then knit the 10 row repeat for the remaining 200 stitches.

I think I'm just going to rip it all out and start all over again. I cringe when I say that as it takes 30 minutes to knit a row, but I figure it will take even longer than that to tink it, and the odds on my splitting yarn and making a mess are much higher if I tink.

Things may be a little quiet around here for a while. I got put on some new meds, and they are making me very tired. I've also had a bad blood test and I'm waiting to get an appointment to have an ultrasound done and see if I have a tumor on my pancreas. If I do, that would explain why I've steadily gained weight since puberty. If not, they are going to have to do something else, probably more meds, to get my blood work corrected. That also should allow me to start losing weight. So, hopefully it's a win-win situation. :)

Well, I'm off to rip and restart my Koigu shawl. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal