Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Started Koigu Shawl

I have decided that lace knit with lace weight yarn is not for me. At least now right now. I don't enjoy the process, and since this is supposed to be fun, I've put the lace shawl I have started to the side and cast on my Koigu Shawl. Since it is worked with sock weight yarn, it is much more enjoyable to work with. :) Did I mention that I had to cast on 401 stitches? Yes, 401!!! Here is a picture of my progress. I used split rings as stitch markers and marked every 2o stitches with a silver ring, and used a gold ring after 100 stitches. The center stitch is surrounded with beaded stitch markers as they are going to stay there for a while. I have to say it wasn't too bad casting on that many stitches. Needless to say though, I didn't use the long tail cast on. :)

I had a fun time at work today cleaning up a mess that was created over the weekend. Not! I work at Kohl's in the cash office, and we received a change order on Friday. It didn't get entered into the computer as incoming cash, but it was counted during the closing safe count, causing the safe to be over. The girl that worked both Saturday and Sunday knew what the reason was for the huge overage, but did nothing to correct it! We are trying to not work her in the cash office anymore for obvious reasons.

Tomorrow I'm off and have a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, but plan on sleeping in a little, taking my car in for an oil change, doing some laundry, and doing some knitting.

Wednesday is our summer crafty ladies get together. We are going to be meeting at Tammy's house this week, and then I have a dental appointment to get 3 or 4 (I forget) fillings redone as they are falling apart. At least I'll have some fun in the morning hanging out with friends and knitting and then a nice lunch before going to the dentist. To be fair, this dentist is wonderful. He is more afraid of hurting you than anything else.

Well, thunder is rumbling outside, so I'm going to get this uploaded and shut down the computer. :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal