Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Latest Project


Ann and I went shopping yesterday before going to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Of course it had to be either quilt store shopping or yarn store shopping. Yesterday was yarn shopping. I bought a pattern for a Koigu shawl, and a starter skein. The entire shawl takes 12 skeins, but since it's supposed to be done with 12 different colors, you don't have to worry about dye lot numbers. I'm planning on purchasing a skein or two every time we go shopping and knitting it a little at a time. It starts with casting on over 400 stitches, so I'll have to do that when it's nice and quiet at the house, then I can start knitting. Of course I have a pair of socks on needles already along with 3 other shawls. I guess I just have startitis. :) It's just hard to finish such warm things though when the temps are so high.

After yarn shopping we headed to Opry Mills and the IMAX theater. We had lost track of the time, and only had 35 minutes to get in, buy a ticket to the show, walk down to Johnny Rockets, order and eat. We ate fast, but service was a little slow as they were very busy, and we missed the beginning of the movie. Of course we've read the book, so we know what we missed. This IMAX had the 3-d version, and I have to say it is so much better than the old 3-d with the red and green lenses. I actually ducked several times during the 3-d part. :) I'm looking forward to the last book coming out Saturday. I plan to read all day long. :)


Ann and I are also knitting the sampler from "The Sweater Workshop" by Jacqueline Fee. I got the book for Christmas, but just started the sampler last week. I'm learning so much already and I'm looking forward to knitting sweaters in the round that fit me with any stitch pattern I want. I don't have to be limited to sweater patterns that are commercially made. The first sweater I'm planning on making is for my 4 year old nephew S. I don't know if he will wear it or not, but I'm knitting it in the orange you see on my sampler as it's his favorite color. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll actually like it. :)

Today Ann, Mom and Tammy and I went to the quilt store. DH, Joe has a cousin who is pregnant with her first child and we are going to visit her next month. I have a quilt top that only needed borders to be finished, so today I picked up the fabric for the borders and backing and I'll get it quilted before we go. I'll post pictures when we get back in case she reads my blog. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal