Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Lazy Day

I've been poking around the house getting little accomplished, but enjoying the day. :) I don't go back to work till the first of July, so I'm enjoying some much needed down time. I haven't even knit today, but I'm sure I will once DH comes home and we eat dinner. We'll kick back in the living room and watch TV, and I'll knit. I'm currently working on a scarf for a good friend who doesn't knit. It's about half way done. I also have a shawl on the needles, but it's only about 1/4 of the way finished, and lastly I have a pair of socks I'm working on. I knit them 2 at a time, toe up and I'm currently working on the cuffs. I'm sure I'll finish them after the scarf. It's just not sock weather right now, so there isn't much incentive to hurry. :)

On a quilting front, my SIL gave me some fabric and asked me to make a quick quilt for an old friend of hers. I've purchased the backing and binding, but still need to get the batting and I'll get it sandwiched and do some simple quilting and it will be done.

In September I'm going to Shipshewana, IN to meet some of an on-line quilt group I belong to. I'm going to take my friend Ann with me. She also quilts and knits, and we always have a great time whenever we're together. :) Besides, she'll need a little get away as she is a school counselor and will be happy to have the rush of school beginning over with. :)

BTW, I've added links on the sidebar for the videos that DH and I did on loom knitting. I figured it'd be easier on people to find it that way. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6/19/2007 3:25 PM, Blogger Marsha said…

    How are you knitting your socks? Magic loop? 2 circulars? dpn points? looms? Where did you learn how to do the 2 at a time toe up (if you are doing needles). I just started knitting using the magic loop method cuff down and am always looking for other ways to do socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal