Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

House Cleaning

Well, today is spent cleaning the house in preparation of friends coming over tomorrow. We have a group that gets together every week during the summer. Unfortunately during the school year we can only manage once a month. We call ourselves the Crafty Ladies. We meet at each other's house, and for the summer we are going to meet here. During the school year we don't meet here, but at the other girl's houses.

My Mom is part of this group. She is currently hand quilting a project. My friend Ann will probably be working on the socks she is knitting for her nephew. I taught her how to knit 2 socks toe up using the Magic Loop. That is now my preferred method for socks. There is no Second Sock Syndrome (SSS) that way. I use Queen Kahuna's Crazy Heel & Toe Method. She teaches you how to knit 2 socks at once with any weight yarn and any size needle and to fit any size foot. I'll never knit socks any other way. There are no stitches to pick up, no wrapped stitches and it is so easy. You can make a short row heel, or a heel flap. I highly recommend her book if you are a sock knitter. :)

The floor should be dry now, so it's off to the bathrooms for me. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 7/05/2007 1:59 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    Hi Tracey, Just wanted to thank you for checking out my blog and leaving a comment. I will add your blog to my favorites if you dont mind. I will keep checking out your blog to see what you up to with your knitting. I knit too...I'm at the moment working on a baby sweater. I love baby stuff even though I don't have a baby yet! well, god bless you and take care...hugs Alex

     
  • At 7/08/2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Little Old Liz said…

    Tracey -
    I was checking out Bloggs that had gone silent -- and I'm happy to see you're back and doing yours again! I'll keep you on my list to check from time to time.
    Welcome back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal