Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

What I'm Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate that today. :) I've been thinking about all that I am thankful for, and I wanted to share that list.

First and foremost I am thankful to be alive.
Second I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ.

The rest of the list is in no particular order:

My loving, supportive husband (who just yesterday went with me to get a knitting needle I had to have from a shop that is 60 miles round trip from our home. Yesterday BTW is the most heavily traveled day. We drove into Nashville to find this knitting store. Did I forget to tell you I've never even been there, so didn't know exactly where it was? Just to find out they didn't have the needle that I wanted, or any needle in that particular size. Did I forget to mention I didn't call first to check?) He just laughed when I came out of the shop with no needles, but of course a skein of yarn. After all how I could I go to a new knitting shop without buying yarn. And of course I'm now signed up for their mailing list. :)

Sorry I kind of got off track there. Here is the rest of the list:

My family who now all live here in town.
My friends who love me and whom I love.
The skills God graced me with.
My house.
My car.
All of my material possessions.
My job.
My DH's job.
My health. While it may not be the best, I am alive, and mostly pain free.
My computer to keep me connected to friends.
The internet from which I've been able to get information and learn so many new things.
The money to heat/cool my house to a comfortable temperature.
The money to purchase new tires for my car this month.
The money to spoil my nephew and niece. :) After all, what are aunts for? :)
Having my nephew and niece here so I can see them and share in their life.
My brother's wife who is so generous with her spirit and sharing of her life and time so we can have a wonderful relationship with her and her children.

There are probably many, many more things I could list, but I have to get busy with the things I'm taking to my Mom and Dad's for our Thanksgiving dinner.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and if you are someone who enjoys going out at the crack of dawn to shop the sales Friday morning, please be considerate of those employees who got up at least an hour earlier than you to go in to work. They are working as fast as they can to get you checked out. Also, if they store runs out of something, please don't yell at the employee, they have no control over how many items come in. Just take it in stride and thank them for checking. :) Can you tell I work retail? I'll be getting up at 2am to be in to work at 4am so we can open up at 5am. So don't forget what the holidays are really about. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11/26/2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Lynn Markman said…

    Tracey, Thank you, for sharing your blessings with us!

    Jesus Christ, is my Lord and Saviour and for that, I am the most grateful and humbled by His goodness!

    Sharing Looming & Jesus, sweet!

    Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal