Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Monday, November 27, 2006

My Adventures with Needles Continues

I've continued knitting dishclothes, but I've advanced to patterns. The first dishcloth was a basketweave pattern.


Here's a close up:


Then I proceeded on to a cabled dishcloth, obviously still in progress.


Here is a close up of it:



And then I started on a sock.



I had tried knitting before with double pointed needles, but I found I didn't enjoy it at all. So, I tried the Magic Loop method. I don't have the book yet (it's on my Christmas wish list), but I did do some reading on-line and found enough to get started. This is my sock so far.
I'm looking forward to learning a new way to knit the heel, as all my previous socks have been loomed and were done with a short row heel.

There is quite a difference between the size 10 needles for the dishcloths and the size 1 needle for the socks. I'm enjoying both though. Of course I need to be knitting more dishcloths as they are for presents and I currently only have about 6 done instead of knitting on my socks, but the socks are calling me. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 11/28/2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Isela: Purling Sprite said…

    Bravo!!! You are doing marvellous!! Yipppeee!!

     
  • At 11/28/2006 12:30 AM, Blogger Kansas A. said…

    Good going Tracey! Your dishcloths look excellent. I've never heard of the magic loop but it sure sounds interesting, I can't wait to see your sock when it's done :)

     
  • At 11/28/2006 6:37 PM, Anonymous Melissa said…

    Hi Tracey!! You and I have the same washcloth pattern book. I made the EXACT same 2 washclothes!! I made the cable one on needles and the basketweave one on my sock loom. That was a challange keeping the knits and purls correct. But it turned out good.

    Good job! But please don't give up your sock designs. I'm still waiting for my argyl pattern.

    Melissa

     
  • At 12/06/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Sorka said…

    Tracy!!
    Those are looking great!!
    Email me.. I have something I want to ask you!!
    Denise
    knitchat.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal