Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Knitting with Needles

I've actually started knitting with needles.  A friend helped me out with some pointers and I started and finished a dishcloth today.  I'll get some pics posted tomorrow.

I've been busy knitting and looming away even though I haven't posted in a while.  I've been working on developing a pattern for flip-top mittens made with 2 strands of sock yarn on a small gauge loom.  I've got the gauntlet part finished and am working on the second one then I'll figure out how to do the flip-top that I want. :)

I've also designed a new sock pattern that incorporates a slip stitch.  I'm hoping to get the pattern written up and up for sale on Isela's Loom Knitting Design site this week.

I've made some changes at work as well.  I used to be in charge of all the hiring at my local Kohl's store, but it was getting to be entirely too stressful for me.  So I moved back into the cash office.  It's the same pay, but the hours are much earlier, 6am normally, but at this time of year when we open earlier it can be as early as 4am!  I don't get as many hours in the cash office, but I'm using that to my advantage to relax and de-stress before the holiday chaos hits. :)

I've also been able to spend more time with my parents, SIL, nephew and niece.  That has been wonderful.  My nephew is 3 1/2 and my niece is almost 4 months old.  My SIL and I meet at my parents every Wednesday for lunch and an afternoon of visiting.  I'm so thrilled they live so close now.

Well, I'm off to play some more and I'll get the pics taken and posted later. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal