Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

3rd pair started

Hi y'all.  I've started my 3rd pair already.  I told you I was addicted! :)  This pair is also done with Knit Picks yarn.  The color is a little off in the photo.  What is showing up as blue is actually a pretty purple color.  I'm planning on making the leg portion a little longer this time, and doing the heel with a garter stitch.  I'd love to learn some new ways to knit socks.  I'm currently doing a short row heel and toe.  If anybody comes up with a stitch pattern for the leg besides ribbing or plain knit stitch, or another way to knit the heel and toe besides short rows I'd love to have a copy, hint, hint. :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2006 3:16 PM, Anonymous Susan said…

    There are a lot of free online knitting patterns for socks with a fancy top or even going into the foot. Most times I just plug in my numbers, and totally ignore their patterns except for the stitch pattern - doing my fav short row heel, maybe stopping the stitch pattern on the foot, etc. Sockbug has great patterns.

     
  • At 6/04/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Tracey Carsto said…

    Susan,

    There are lots of free patterns on line for socks, but they are for needle knitting, not loom knitting. I'm not a needle knitter, so I don't know how to translate them over to looms.

     
  • At 6/05/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger ElaineMomNC said…

    Love your socks Tracey...you did your part to get me hooked! I am currently making a pair in Moda Dea Sassy Stripes, I am making some in "Crayon" and got 6 skeins today for my summer projects. Stash is getting big!

    I got my DA EFG Sock Loom Friday and am practicing. I have trouble catching the yarn for my purl stitches, but I was that way at first with my fine gauge. I'd been using the purple Knifty Knitter pick, but Isela sent me a pick with a fat handle and a shorter curved tip. This works better for me than the one from KK but I still need practice. Any advice? I love the new colors you're using!

     
  • At 6/13/2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Yarney said…

    That is a lovely sock you are making. I have needle knitted socks before.I'm new to loom knitting and just starting a child's hat. I feel so incompetent ! Everyone seems to know what they're talking about,hee hee. Again, very lovely sock and love that yarn too.

    Yarney
    Ps.90:17

     
  • At 6/14/2006 10:02 AM, Blogger american girl in italy said…

    You do very nice work. I love all the socks. I might have to move into socks soon...I have too manyhats piling up!

     
  • At 7/26/2006 8:42 PM, Blogger Connie said…

    Hi Tracy, It looks as if your cuff is not turned up like a hat brim. How do you get that first row not to curl. Love your blog, very helpful info.
    www.knitknotpurlcurl.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal