Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Demo videos of sock heel

My husband and I have made 2 videos of how to do short row sock heels. The pattern is Isela Phelps of Decor Accents ribbed sock pattern. It can be found here: Ribbed Sock Pattern The loom I use to make my socks is also from Decor Accents and they can be found here: Sock Looms I use the extra fine gauge sock loom for the socks you see on my blog.

The videos were done on a Knifty Knitter loom so you could better see the stitches. They are fairly long videos, so please be patient while they load. Please remember that Isela's pattern tells you exactly how many pegs you need to do your socks based on your loom size. This is just a demonstration of how to increase and decrease. You do the same increasing and decreasing for the heel as well as the toe. I like the Kitchener stitch to sew my toe seam. You can do a Google search if you need directions on that. :)

8 Comments:

  • At 5/30/2006 9:15 AM, Blogger Breien in Berkel e.o said…

    Wow! Knitting socks on a knifty knitter...I never have seen that before. They start to get introduced here in Holland as well now - only the price is holding me off it, to be honest. But it looks like a breeze, knitting socks this way.

     
  • At 6/05/2006 6:47 PM, Anonymous Jan said…

    Hi Tracey,
    I am very interested in knitting socks this way - I also want to do the knitting needle way, too. You mentioned you use extra fine looms. What size do you use? I went to Isela's site & there were many sizes. Please help?
    Thanks
    Always Jan
    Please email me @
    gramie12x@yahoo.com
    or
    gramajan13x@aol.com

     
  • At 11/24/2006 7:37 PM, Blogger Joyful Mom said…

    Thank you so much for the tutorial video!!! I'm a visual learner so this is incredibly helpful to me!!!
    Amy

     
  • At 2/14/2007 5:28 PM, Blogger Bev said…

    I have watched (several times) all three videos and they are great. The increase and decrease videos are especially helpful to me and I also like the way you hold your working yarn. Great videos, I'll be waiting for the next ones - on any looming subject, your dh does a great job.

     
  • At 4/11/2007 12:40 PM, Anonymous Becky said…

    Tracey, you are awesome! I've been trying to teach my friend's son how to do sock heels, by talking him through it over the phone. I'm glad I found your site again, so I can refer him to this page!
    Thanks SO MUCH for doing this for us!
    :) Becky

     
  • At 6/26/2007 5:27 AM, Blogger Lee said…

    Hi Tracey. I am so happy I found your blog. Isela told me you had a good video of the heel and she was right. Time to get my loom out of my bag and make my heel and finish my sock. Thanks, Brenda

     
  • At 1/11/2009 10:20 AM, Anonymous Mel said…

    Tracey, Am happy to have found your sock heel videos. I'm a visual learner and this helped so much! Keep up the good work!
    Loom addicted, Mel

     
  • At 1/19/2009 3:59 PM, Anonymous debbie west said…

    long time without talking to you! I've not had a working computer for a long while. Planning to get one soon. I want to start posting patterns online, so that is my goal. in March I'll take some business classes.... then we'll see how everything goes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal