Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Close up of Kitchener Stitch

This is a close up of the 2nd sock.  I used the Kitchener stitch to close the toe and I really like the way this toe looks.  It wasn't any more difficult than the zig zag method I thought, and it sure looks lots better.  I found directions to do the Kitchener stitch here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

  • At 5/21/2006 6:25 PM, Blogger Isela: Purling Sprite said…

    Yiipppeee, I am glad the idea of the kitchener stitch worked. I would do that to all my socks too...well, I do to all my needle knit socks.

    It looks great!!

     
  • At 5/21/2006 8:05 PM, Blogger ElaineMomNC said…

    Beautiful, Tracey!

    I found an illustration of the kitchener stitch at http://www.tata-tatao.to/knit/firstsocks/e-chap2-5.html and printed it out when I finish my second sock of the pair...the same Magic Stripes as you are using.

    I also use a Bond Ultimate Sweater Machine which gives lightning fast results for sweaters, blankets, etc. I've made socks several years ago but they were too holey and bulky. Anyway, the Bond instructions recommend the blanket stitch for joining seams like sweaters and it's similar to kitchener.

    I am now comtemplating a DA fine gauge WonderLoom!!! ;-)

    Elaine

     
  • At 5/22/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Peggy's Place said…

    You kitchener closing looks really nice. Great Job on the socks.

    Peggy in Utah

     
  • At 5/22/2006 8:07 PM, Blogger Crystal Kini said…

    Woo Hoo Tracey- Great job on your socks! I just got my WonderLoom on Saturday--- and the DA pick- so I'm going to get back to working on my socks too!
    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal