Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

1st Pair of Socks Complete

I finished my 1st pair of socks!!!! They are in the dryer now. As soon as I can I'll be uploading pictures of them too. I sewed the short row toe together with the zig-zag method for the first sock, but didn't like the look, so for the second sock I removed it from the loom stitch by stitch and put each stitch on knitting needles. Half the stitches were on one needle, and the other half were on the second needle. I then used the Kitchener stitch to sew them together. It is seamless looking. I'll definitely be using the Kitchener stitch from now on. I found great directions at http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php

I highly encourage you to try it. It isn't difficult to do, you just have to get the hang of it. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 5/21/2006 5:59 AM, Blogger ElaineMomNC said…

    Hi Tracey...you are such an inspiration to me!! I love the idea of the Kitchener stitch and will use that when I finish my current sock. Just need to get some knitting needles...no problem with that. Thanks! Loom on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal