Tracey's Journal

This is just a place for me to post some pictures, write a few lines, and hopefully share some of my crafts.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Yet another sock update

Hi everyone. I've been knitting every spare moment I've had. I was able to try my sock on tonight, and I hate to say it, but it's pretty tight. I was able to get it on, and maybe with a stretchier yarn it wouldn't be any problem, but I think I'll be able to give these away. :)

I used a 9" EFG DA loom and my foot measured a little over 8 1/2". The sock measures 7 3/4" around. I'm using Magic Stripes yarn and I'm knitting a U or flat stitch.

I just wanted to let everyone know so they will have a better idea of which loom size they might need. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 4/12/2006 11:27 PM, Blogger Isela: Purling Sprite said…

    Hmmm, well, the U-stitch/flat stitch does produce a tighter stitch so I am guessing that is where the issue arises. Did you say you were getting 8 stitches per inch? If so, 64/8, that would be roughly 8" in tube. With the e-wrap, I got more like 7.5 on average stitches per inch so that would give roughly the needed 8.5" of tube size.
    It looks great though, I really like it. Was the heel done with the flat stitch too? I guess it was, d'oh, lol.

     
  • At 4/12/2006 11:35 PM, Blogger Debbie said…

    Great job Tracey!!!

    Mine shipped today so I'm singing the Please Mr. Postman theme song!!

     
  • At 4/13/2006 7:52 AM, Blogger Katty_katwoman said…

    I think it is BEAUTIFUL...I wanna make some. I think they would be GREAT gifts...and, of course I want a pair. Guess I will have to invest in a loom....:)....oh darn!...lol

    Dixie--Indiana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
http://feeds.feedburner.com/TraceysJournal